As demands for IT automation, self-service, and dynamic operations grow, effective service management becomes an increasingly important facet of a company's success; yet, many IT departments are struggling to meet these demands. It's for this reason we've developed the HEAT Service Management solution, an incredibly flexible application that makes all aspects of service management, including service requests, remediation, and authorization, far more efficient than traditional manual methods.
Cloud applications have dramatically changed our market. Cloud applications deliver exciting advantages, but on-premise applications can be best for some organizations. As always, choice is good. Because having only one option isn't an option! As companies consider launching our innovative HEAT Service Management application, they'll be faced with an important question: on-premise, cloud, or hybrid application deployment? A company's answer to this question can determine the extent to which cost and efficiency are optimized. Here are 8 key questions to consider.
Do you focus on
year 1 costs or a long term TCO?
• Year 1 costs are lower with SaaS (50% to 75% less)
• Save money on servers
• Prefer annual subscription model
• 3+ year TCO typically favors on-premise
• Overall consulting costs similar
• Prefer perpetual license model
What is the state of your IT resources?
• Lowers requirement for IT services
• Data and application moved offsite
• System administration needs are reduced
• Upgrades managed by vendor
• Will require IT support
• Data and application are local
• Plan for local system administration
• Upgrades are do-it-yourself
What is the nature of your system integrations?
• Limited number of integrations
• Well defined and understood
• Typically static and one-way
• Need a number of integrations to other applications
• Evolving and complex
• Typically dynamic and bi-directional
Does your organization have experience with Cloud?
• Other Cloud application(s) in place
• Cloud understood and accepted
• Executive support for SaaS
• No Cloud application(s) in place
• CRM and ERP applications have been deployed on-premise
• Executive team see Cloud applications as a risk
What is your history with Application upgrades?
• Bad history with upgrades
• No current upgrade process
• Generally lacking in-house skills
• Good history with upgrades
• Established upgrade process
• The right skills available
Rate your readiness for ‘out-of-the-box’?
• Organization is ready to embrace standard applications
• Business is more standardized
• Bad experience with custom applications
• Applications tend to be more customized
• Business is highly unique
• Have aptitude to sustain customizations
How are your users distributed?
• Highly distributed user base
• More complex upgrade process
• Reliable internet access
• Centralized with fewer locations
• Upgrades more localized
• High quality servers
Are Cap Ex or Op Ex budgets more favorable?
• Operating Expense budget preferred
• Smaller financial impact in year 1
• Annual subscription preferred
• Capital Expense budget preferred
• Larger financial impact in year 1
• Purchase of perpetual licenses
At HEAT Software, our HEAT Service Management application is available with flexible deployment options: On-Premise, Cloud, or as a Hybrid, which combines On-Premise and Cloud with the ability to move seamlessly from one to the other. Each company will need to thoroughly consider their own IT needs to determine which deployment option will work best, and our HEAT Software support staff is happy to discuss these options with you. Learn more about deployment solutions for HEAT Service Management by contacting us today.